Monday, October 29, 2012

My Room



This is mostly for the curiosity of my family. Here is the room where I am staying. I have a lovely Hibiscus plant in the corner, which I have decided to call Herman. He is a little bit ornery. He insists on being moved to the very middle of the room on sunny days even though it is quite obvious he looks better in that corner. Plus, I won't trip over him as much.


 This is the other corner of the room. As you can see, I keep my laptop in that far corner because that is where I catch the best internet signal. Right now, I am perched on the edge of my bed so I can type and not lose the signal. Unfortunately, the things I untidily tossed under the bed can also be seen...opps.



This is the outer sitting room that leads to my bedroom. The couch is quite comfortable and the host of many movie parties. (Andrew, you might be pleased to note the puzzle I'm doing.)


This is one of the delightful mongrels who protect the house. Their main joy in life is rubbing against my legs once they have swam in the pond or splashed through a mud puddle. One of the dogs finds the most pleasure in lying  belly up on top of my feet and biting at my ankles. Thankfully, they do understand and respond, mostly, to the English phrase "go away", when spoken in a very serious voice.

These are the delightful two with whom I spend most of my time. Joy is on the left side and her older sister Carmen is on the right. They are precious and have taught me many things over the past few weeks. I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to know them. :)









The verse that has meant a great deal over the past few weeks is John 10:27-28. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." It's amazing to watch a large herd of sheep gently and patiently led by only one shepherd. Though they are so many and it looks a bit like chaos at times, they follow the voice of their shepherd. Surely, our Shepherd is much greater for He not only speaks to us and knows us, but He holds us in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment